Truth&conciousness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

The Lounge
Enter The Lounge
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Minecraft 1.7 Hard Mode Reboot
Help for PCs EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:28 pm by brian48

» Website update, getting back into business.
Help for PCs EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:25 pm by brian48

» Restoring that old console
Help for PCs EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:21 pm by Gpulos27

» Site Statistics
Help for PCs EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:33 pm by brian48

» new tech blog
Help for PCs EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped?
Help for PCs EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 pm by brian48

» the tale of Plymouth: a Banished Town Journal
Help for PCs EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 pm by brian48

» Quantum Mechanics
Help for PCs EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Texas Best Smokehouse at Balch Springs
Help for PCs EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:10 pm by Titanicbuff

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
Makestation
Poll

Help for PCs

3 posters

Go down

Help for PCs Empty Help for PCs

Post by Lot Creator Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Hello, I have a Q for you Leo, Why can my pc run games from the year 2000 to 2004 without any problem or consequence? Is it because I have overdated the game's specifications, or is it because it has less junk from the game's producers?

Help if you can.
LC
Shocked
Lot Creator
Lot Creator
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help for PCs Empty I need some help

Post by Lot Creator Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:15 am

Hello Zalost, I have been on the lookout for a new pc for some time now and I was wondering what manufacturer is the best buy these days. I have came upon some alienware pcs, but last time I checked here, you said they were high price, low quality. So I have been for a HP for some then, but now it has skyrocketed to $1000. So I guess I have to wait a awile to get that one. Anyway, my goal was to buy a pc that won't crack under the pressure of CXL2011 or any other game. But right now, it is too expencive ATM.

Help!
LC
Surprised
Lot Creator
Lot Creator
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help for PCs Empty Re: Help for PCs

Post by Spooky_Zalost Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Lot Creator wrote:Hello, I have a Q for you Leo, Why can my pc run games from the year 2000 to 2004 without any problem or consequence? Is it because I have overdated the game's specifications, or is it because it has less junk from the game's producers?

Help if you can.
LC
Shocked

ok first of all sorry about the long wait to reply I didn't even know this post existed.

second, it's very simple, as computers get newer compatibility with older games gets less and less...

now there are solutions to this however, for instance you can run an older OS in a Virtual Machine, you can have a 2nd older computer to run these programs, or you can try out compatibility mode though it's not likely to work as well.

hope this helps
Spooky_Zalost
Spooky_Zalost
Admin

https://truthandlies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooky_Zalost Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Lot Creator wrote:Hello Zalost, I have been on the lookout for a new pc for some time now and I was wondering what manufacturer is the best buy these days. I have came upon some alienware pcs, but last time I checked here, you said they were high price, low quality. So I have been for a HP for some then, but now it has skyrocketed to $1000. So I guess I have to wait a awile to get that one. Anyway, my goal was to buy a pc that won't crack under the pressure of CXL2011 or any other game. But right now, it is too expencive ATM.

Help!
LC
Surprised

ok well the solution is very simple, Built your own! that way you can be sure of the compatibility and it's cheaper.

it's very simple really... it's all plug and play which means you plug in the hardware, install the software (drivers) and then your done!.

now, of course this would be a desktop pc so it's not as portable... but you can make is as powerful as you want based on your price range and your requirements.

I find a good motherboard brand is ASUS, as they tend to last a long time and have a high value...

now for a case, it can be whatever you want... just make sure your PC case has plenty of breathing room...

for Cities XL 2011, I would suggest an intel chipset, it's got a higher general compatibility rate and is a little more expensive than AMD, but it's well worth it.

I would also suggest you get an nvidia graphics card as in my experience they tend to work better over all.

now for speed your best bet is to go with sata, any hdd will do but sata for the CD/DVD rom and Sata for the hdd to ensure maximum speed.

and I would go for around 4 to 8 GB of ram just to be on the safe side.

cities XL is a high computer usage game so it works best with multi core processors.
and high data rates just keep that in mind.

and for the video card get PCI-express as that's the fastest graphics port atm, and for the video card go for 1GB of on board video ram, this would give you 1 gb of graphics memory on top of your 8gb of computer memory.

this computer should not only be able to play Cities XL fairly decently but should be able to play just about any media you want, regardless of the OS you choose.

everything else, sound, usb, ect... should be on board so don't worry about it.

I hope this helps

and good luck

Your Friend, SpookyZ
Spooky_Zalost
Spooky_Zalost
Admin

https://truthandlies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HomuHomuHomura Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:28 am

Oh yeah make sure that your PC is hackintosh compatible if you are planning to install Mac OS X on it!
HomuHomuHomura
HomuHomuHomura
Hmm, I like to tell truths!
Hmm, I like to tell truths!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lot Creator Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Mac? No sir, pc stays here for life! As for the sugestion, Zalost, I will look over it, making pcs aren't on my resume of life but there is always a first time on new things Razz.hese suggested specs. I wil try to find laptops (if there are any with such specs) with the minimum specs that you have shown me. And ty for ansuwering my question.

Thank you,
LC
Lot Creator
Lot Creator
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: