Truth&conciousness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

The Lounge
Enter The Lounge
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Minecraft 1.7 Hard Mode Reboot
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:28 pm by brian48

» Website update, getting back into business.
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:25 pm by brian48

» Restoring that old console
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:21 pm by Gpulos27

» Site Statistics
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:33 pm by brian48

» new tech blog
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped?
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 pm by brian48

» the tale of Plymouth: a Banished Town Journal
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 pm by brian48

» Quantum Mechanics
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Texas Best Smokehouse at Balch Springs
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:10 pm by Titanicbuff

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
Makestation
Poll

bigro with a story for you all (to be named)

2 posters

Go down

bigro with a story for you all (to be named) Empty bigro with a story for you all (to be named)

Post by bigro Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:26 am

what I was thinking of doing was a 'post-post' nuclear apocolypse story (that basically means that all the effects of the nuclear war have subsided and things are just getting better from there on out)

It'll be set in australia (just cos) and i was just wondering if anyone had any opinions before i started up?
bigro
bigro
But, but, I do tell lies!

Back to top Go down

bigro with a story for you all (to be named) Empty Re: bigro with a story for you all (to be named)

Post by bigro Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:55 am

alrighty then, lets get this ball rolling with a little timeline and some info.

Timeline/Prologue up to the year 2376: (this does have a little altered history)
1998- Al-Qaida gains funding rapidly
1999- Al-Qaida operation slow down suspiciously
2001- The twin towers in NYC are hit with two planes each carrying a ‘dirty’ bomb (half-assed nuke)
2002- Residents in NYC suffer through localized fallout and large amounts of radiation
2003- The USA declares an all out war on Al-Qaida. (due to their funds they own most of the middle east and the Arabian peninsula)
2004- The USA launches a series of nuclear weapons at all major cities within Al-Qaida’s control.
2004- The UN recognizes this as a threat and warn the USA…China isn’t so patient
2005- Seattle is invaded by China
2005- The USA Launches its nukes at china, who launches some back.
2005 (dec)- Russia invades the now crippled China. So does Japan
2006- A fallout cloud nigh on destroys Japan and Russia is nuked by India who are competing for China.
2006- WW3 people, everyone nukes everyone.
2008- Australia who at the start of the war backed out of the commonwealth has come off with only receiving one nuke. (Sydney)
2009- A cloud of radiation from Africa threatens Australia
2010- Most of Australia is either irradiated or a warzone (gang wars, not country wars).
2011- ^^ that continues for a few hundred years ^^
2278- Nuclear winter begins to wear off with drastic changes to the climate (fewer deserts, more rain)
2279- Population boom
2290- Several cities are established and/or re-established
2300- Governments begin to form
2330- Our very first war. What used to be South Australia is turned into something reminiscent of WW1 battlefields.
2340- That war ends. On another note, other continents begin to become habitable again. Only other places on earth with other survivors are; South Africa, Madagascar, Fiji, Canada (for some reason) and Greenland.
2370- Weird mutants are found all over the shop. (England, Iceland, USA, Mexico and Russia primarily) these mutants don’t like us people. (Cept for the Mexicans, they’re chill)
2376- Oh boy, another war. (Tasman Empire VS Oceania)

Right-O, some basic info about the countries and a political map. (ones in the area anyway)
bigro with a story for you all (to be named) Australia-region

Central Australian Republic (blue): located smack bang in the middle of Australia, this country has the second largest populous. The capital is Old-Broome (re-established Broome) and the largest city is Kanungi with a pop of 1 million (give or take a thousand, also the largest city in the world) has a temperate climate similar to Europe.

Tasman Empire (orange): Very invasive country, led by their emperor ‘Han Jonds’ has declared war on Oceania. The capital is Hobart (re-established) and the largest city is Kingscote on Kangaroo Island with a pop of 750 thousand. (Give or take) The Empire covers a wide span of different climates including a desert, majorly temperate forest and a tropical rainforest (in New Zealand no less)

Oceania (Red): Occupies the most land out of every country on earth. They have an absolutely booming slave trade and generally go against human rights in order to make money. The capital is Jakarta (re established) and it’s also the largest city with a pop of 650 thousand. The climate here is hot, dry and arid (in the islands and northern Australia) and temperate forest in the large portion of China they occupy.

New Australia (green): Neutral, has the largest population out of all the countries in the area. This country also has the largest agricultural industry in the world providing almost 60% of the world’s food. Capital city is Deflin and the largest city is Canberra with a pop just under one million, it is the second largest city in the world. The climate here is wet, hot and covered in river systems.

Mutant lands (white): Mostly in what used to be Queensland, this area is home to most of the mutants that came out of the radiation. The primary breed of mutant here is just a normal person except larger, covered in white hair and blind (echolocation) there is no distinct capital here as they form tribes and such but the largest city is Cairns which has 60 thousand of the things.

Gang lands (Black): An anarchists dream, these lands have absolutely no rules whatsoever; they are riddled with crime and violence and are generally in the areas that are less habitable. (Arctic, deserts, badlands, places still irradiated, etc) There is no capital due to no government but there are two large cities located in gang lands. These are broken hill and manila (both re established) with populations of 100 thousand and 200 thousand respectively.

P.S. if anyone wants to use this basic timeline in their own story for say…America or Europe, they can if they ask me. Just don’t expect me to help with countries and stuff. (I own Australia, it is mine. DON’T USE IT!)

Ok come back in a couple of days and i will have started the actual story part Smile

(all feedback appreciated)
bigro
bigro

Back to top Go down

bigro with a story for you all (to be named) Empty Re: bigro with a story for you all (to be named)

Post by HomuHomuHomura Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:01 am

How about the rest of the world???
HomuHomuHomura
HomuHomuHomura
Hmm, I like to tell truths!
Hmm, I like to tell truths!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigro Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:18 am

HomuHomuHomura wrote:How about the rest of the world???
i could do something for the rest of the world but it would be unnessecary info for the story...

plus, i want to keep those options open for other people to come up with for thier own stories. Very Happy
bigro
bigro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigro Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:00 am

Well how about that, chapter 1 already

Chapter 1: I woke up with a splitting headache, last night must have been one helluva night to knock out my memory. I got up and walked over to a mirror to see my normally plain white eyes were bloodshot as all heck. This was just getting stranger and stranger, my eyes were never bloodshot before. I walk to the door to find that it’s locked. “Oh just what the hell is this” I yell loud enough for the people down the road to hear. I waited for what seemed like three hours before the door opened and some men in suits walked in. “Are you Mister Dermat?” one of them asked. “Yes…why?” I asked back. Didn’t get much of an answer because one of them just walked up to me, then put a chloroform rag to my mouth. Luckily for me I was kinda immune to that due to the constant raids and kidnappings from his childhood. As they carried me out of the room thinking I was out cold I heard them talking about things like camp and tanks. I suddenly realized that it was the Oceania govt. come to collect slaves for the war efforts. I must have made some sort of movement because next thing I know, foot in head.
I wake up in a smaller room, bars over the windows. I had a dry mouth and an even worse headache than before. Across the way I could see more rooms just like mine and also a lot of blood stains. Wherever I was, it was bad. A couple of hours later a man in a uniform came to the room and dragged me down the hall. We entered a room with several ominous looking instruments within, a doctor looking man entered the room with some syringes. I panicked, I knocked over tables, I broke equipment and worst of all I bit the doctor. I woke a few minutes later with all my shots done, and a horrible burning pain on my back. The doctor told me it was my tag. Next up, I was dragged down the hall again this time to an armory and a tailor. They measured me up and began to sew my uniform. I didn’t even try to fight back, I was too tired. I fell asleep waiting and awoke to yet another cell. This time I was in my new uniform and I had a rifle just across the room, unloaded mind you. The cell seemed to be rocking back and forth…I realized I was being transported. A couple of hours later I began to hear gunshots…lots of them too. The doors burst open and I was dragged out into a field with a bucket of ammunitions and almost no hope of escape. I began to shoot wildly, shooting everything that moved. When I eventually ran out of ammunitions I ran, I ran away from it all. In to a nearby forest.

feel free to scrutinize and give advice
bigro
bigro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down