Truth&conciousness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

The Lounge
Enter The Lounge
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Minecraft 1.7 Hard Mode Reboot
Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:28 pm by brian48

» Website update, getting back into business.
Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:25 pm by brian48

» Restoring that old console
Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:21 pm by Gpulos27

» Site Statistics
Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:33 pm by brian48

» new tech blog
Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped?
Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 pm by brian48

» the tale of Plymouth: a Banished Town Journal
Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 pm by brian48

» Quantum Mechanics
Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Texas Best Smokehouse at Balch Springs
Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:10 pm by Titanicbuff

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
Makestation
Poll

Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped?

5 posters

Go down

Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? Empty Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped?

Post by Spooky_Zalost Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:34 pm

With Various Virtual worlds becoming more popular, and the user base constantly growing let me ask you guys something, Is this but the beginnings of the matrix?

think about it for a minute, there are so many people now playing RPG's like World of warcraft, some of whom die from lack of being in the reality existence their bodies are in, then you have second life, many people are actually replacing their RL lives with second life with only minimal excursions in RL to survive, such as working a job, eating food, ect...

even minecraft is slowly growing into another Digital reality that people are being addicted to and trapped in.

so let me ask you something then.

How likely do you think it is that the matrix is already here, or that it is right around the corner with the recent innovations in Brain Interface Technology?

and if given the chance how many of you would leave your bodies behind in a coma while you existed only in the Digital reality of your choosing, true you could fly, go without eating, and never die... but how far would you go?

Your Friend in cyberspace, SpookyZ
Spooky_Zalost
Spooky_Zalost
Admin

https://truthandlies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? Empty Re: Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped?

Post by Lot Creator Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:26 pm

I belive it is true. We all used some kind of software to simulate reality, however, we use it to simulate things that would be deadly, like a zombie attack or a plane flight, to avoid it ourselves. But in all, yes, we try to get away from reality to have that "immoratily".

As always,
LC
Lot Creator
Lot Creator
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped? Empty Re: Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped?

Post by Spooky_Zalost Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:46 am

heh Razz on the net though you are competing against millions of users for that immortality Wink so it's rather like traveling to another reality and hoping you can stand out there rather than here... many times failing...
Spooky_Zalost
Spooky_Zalost
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigro Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:04 am

the matrix? no. close? yes. wont happen till we can figure out a way to not need real life. Like if we had robots keeping us alive and sustaining us we could all theoretically live in a virtual reality but until such a time we can not depend on physical things. Virtual reality hasn't taken over Razz

Also, the virtual reality situation atm is a curious one as it can take a person over and they will become dependent on it. Often resulting in a speedy dilapidation of thier real life and in turn to this thier virtual reality is taken away by the big fat meanies that are the telecommunications companies that want thier fee's. Ironic no?
bigro
bigro
But, but, I do tell lies!
But, but, I do tell lies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooky_Zalost Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:51 pm

I would call that one heck of a safety net lol
Spooky_Zalost
Spooky_Zalost
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smartbylaw Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:56 am

It wouldn't happen. We already have too many groups yelling about the red light we are about to run. I think games will become much more realistic and have way better graphics and motion control and everything but it wont be to the extend like the movie Surrogates or the other movie Gamer. You also got to think, there are still a lot of people who don't play a lot of video games.
smartbylaw
smartbylaw
Hmm, I like to tell truths!
Hmm, I like to tell truths!

Back to top Go down

Post by brian48 Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:40 am

I agree fully with Caleb's assessments,

thanks, Brian
brian48
brian48
Dream Worker
Dream Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooky_Zalost Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:15 pm

there's another possibility you know, more and more people are buying things off the net out of convienence, telecommunitng from home, ect...

perhapse we might just access a room as a Virtual avatar of ourselves and that's how we get to work in a lot of jobs? that could be a start too, out of convienence, I'm not saying immediately but it could happen.
Spooky_Zalost
Spooky_Zalost
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by brian48 Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 pm

this reality is virtual..

end of story !
brian48
brian48
Dream Worker
Dream Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down