Truth&conciousness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

The Lounge
Enter The Lounge
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Minecraft 1.7 Hard Mode Reboot
Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:28 pm by brian48

» Website update, getting back into business.
Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:25 pm by brian48

» Restoring that old console
Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:21 pm by Gpulos27

» Site Statistics
Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:33 pm by brian48

» new tech blog
Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped?
Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 pm by brian48

» the tale of Plymouth: a Banished Town Journal
Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 pm by brian48

» Quantum Mechanics
Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Texas Best Smokehouse at Balch Springs
Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:10 pm by Titanicbuff

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
Makestation
Poll

Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented

2 posters

Go down

Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented Empty Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented

Post by Spooky_Zalost Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:53 am

to start off what is the first thing you think of when you hear the word hacker?

my guess would be something along the lines of... (Evil Monsters breaking into the gov and messing up my facebook/website/internets/computer)

well believe it or not the majority of these so called "hackers" are really just what we in the Technology Enthusiast hobby like to call "script kiddies" and "Crackers" because they don't really hack anything they just break into things and the majority of them don't even write their own code which is why it's easier to stop them now.

the real hackers are ones who enjoy toying with technology and are just trying to learn more, a kind of curiosity that is for the most part harmless.

sure they may break into your system but it's not likely they will do any harm, In fact they may give you information on the security exploit they used and how to patch it!

unfortunately this is frowned upon because people have the wrong image in their minds and fear hackers even when they are just being helpful and offering free advice!

remember these words friends because they are all too real.

Your Friend in the wired, SpookyZ pirat

Spooky_Zalost
Spooky_Zalost
Admin

https://truthandlies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented Empty Re: Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented

Post by bigro Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:09 am

mmmhhmm....well in the south Australian education system at least they are trying to teach the difference between hackers and crackers (doesn't that sound racist Razz ) because in my IT class we actually had a whole week devoted to looking into this exact subject. Much was learnt.

Now if only IT wasn't a non-compulsory subject.....
bigro
bigro
But, but, I do tell lies!
But, but, I do tell lies!

Back to top Go down

Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented Empty Re: Hackers and how many of us are mis-represented

Post by Spooky_Zalost Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 am

you know you should try exploring your local Systems and networks, lots of interesting things are revealed Smile and in Australia I'm sure it's not as secure as here in the United States
Spooky_Zalost
Spooky_Zalost
Admin

https://truthandlies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum