Truth&conciousness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

The Lounge
Enter The Lounge
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Minecraft 1.7 Hard Mode Reboot
Blue Petroleum, the next oil? EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:28 pm by brian48

» Website update, getting back into business.
Blue Petroleum, the next oil? EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:25 pm by brian48

» Restoring that old console
Blue Petroleum, the next oil? EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:21 pm by Gpulos27

» Site Statistics
Blue Petroleum, the next oil? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:33 pm by brian48

» new tech blog
Blue Petroleum, the next oil? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Virtual Reality, Are we all becoming trapped?
Blue Petroleum, the next oil? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 pm by brian48

» the tale of Plymouth: a Banished Town Journal
Blue Petroleum, the next oil? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 pm by brian48

» Quantum Mechanics
Blue Petroleum, the next oil? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm by brian48

» Texas Best Smokehouse at Balch Springs
Blue Petroleum, the next oil? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:10 pm by Titanicbuff

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
Makestation
Poll

Blue Petroleum, the next oil?

2 posters

Go down

Blue Petroleum, the next oil? Empty Blue Petroleum, the next oil?

Post by Lot Creator Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:10 pm

Hello there, I had been tring to get pertol in here for some time and finnaly found something. Blue Petroleum, it appers to be "green" and can be made easily. In another topic, I shall explain pertol more descriptivly.
Sources: Yahoo Impact Lab To avoid copyrights: by Virginie Grognou Virginie Grognou – Thu Mar 31, 2:32 am ET
Quote: " In a forest of tubes eight metres high in eastern Spain scientists hope they have found the fuel of tomorrow: bio-oil produced with algae mixed with carbon dioxide from a factory.

Almost 400 of the green tubes, filled with millions of microscopic algae, cover a plain near the city of Alicante, next to a cement works from which the C02 is captured and transported via a pipeline to the "blue petroleum" factory."

I do agree petrol can be made this way, but the cost can fall on the soil, in anyway, the energy will come
from the sun.

"The project, which is still experimental, has been developed over the past five years by Spanish and French researchers at the small Bio Fuel Systems (BFS) company.

At a time when companies are redoubling their efforts to find alternative energy sources, the idea is to reproduce and speed up a process which has taken millions of years and which has led to the production of fossil fuels.
"We are trying to simulate the conditions which existed millions of years ago, when the phytoplankton was transformed into oil," said engineer Eloy Chapuli. "In this way, we obtain oil that is the same as oil today."

The microalgae reproduces at high speed in the tubes by photosynthesis and from the CO2 released from the cement factory. Every day some of this highly concentrated liquid is extracted and filtered to produce a biomass that is turned into bio-oil. The other great advantage of the system is that it is a depollutant -- it absorbs the C02 which would otherwise be released into the atmosphere.

"We need another five to 10 years before industrial production can start," said Stroiazzo-Mougin, who hopes to be able to develop another such project on the Portuguese island of Madeira."In a unit that covers 50 square kilometres, which is not something enormous, in barren regions of southern Spain, we could produce about 1.25 million barrels per day," or almost as much as the daily export of oil from Iraq, he said."

That, is not really true. All of the oil of Iraq in a year on a day? Like I said, I will explain Petrol in another topic.

"BFS, a private company, hopes to negotiate "with several countries to obtain subsidies for the installation of artificial oil fields," he said.
US oil giant ExxonMobil plans to invest up to $600 million in research on oil produced from algae.

So, what does it all mean? It means everlasting pollution that is what is reffering. No solar expancions or hydroelectric faccilities, just more oil. BTW, this comes with a price, does it? So it might be reffering to the same price as the current petrol.

Post your opinions!
LC
Lot Creator
Lot Creator
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blue Petroleum, the next oil? Empty Re: Blue Petroleum, the next oil?

Post by Spooky_Zalost Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 am

Well Lot Creator it seems you have done your homework, Great work!

I agree with many of your points and I can see how this would just continue to feed our dependence on oil which is In my opinion an addiction on a global scale caused by those in control (Oil, petrol, and Vehicle companies)

to add insult to injury this could lessen the severity in peoples minds on how important it is that we go for alternative energies.

lets just hope that this gives electric cars enough time to develop properly so that they can take over... Neutral
Spooky_Zalost
Spooky_Zalost
Admin

https://truthandlies.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down